Monday 9 October 2006

Breaking a record
















I have managed to remain upbeat not only all of last week but over the weekend through to today, my day off. The reason I'm surprised is that I haven't been well for the last week but I guess I'm so happy with what I'm doing right now, it doesn't matter!!!
My blood sugar levels are messing around & if I don't eat every hour I go giddy & embarrass myself by flaking out!!! The tests come back negative for diabetes & thyroid, however I was diabetic during my pregnancy, 19 years ago for 18 months!!!! My maternal grandmother had it & I was told not to be surprised if I get it later on in life... Oh, joy, something to look forward to then..lol!! It is possible that I have a virus & that is why I'm affected or perhaps I'm merely run down & tired......

Well nothing can stop me bursting with pride, as this circular baby girl mini turned out far better than expected. The box is a Laughing Cow cheese portion container & although it is not acid free, I have used all acid & lignin free materials & painted it inside with acrylic paint before sealing it with Anita's clear gloss. Then tissue paper lines it & the circles are only 3" so they don't touch the 4" sides...
Of course as you might expect, I had no pale pink acrylic paint & had to mix my own shade. At first I didn't like it but it has rather grown on me...
Next I am creating a star book as seen in Creative SB in April '06. Anna Bowkis had some rather fab ones & I fancied having a go for the next project order, a 21st birthday. Time is short for this one as Julie, at work needs it for the week of 23rd October... (My sister's wedding day!)
So I figured the star books look really quick & easy to complete.
But, before I do anything else, I am going to sit me down with a mug of tea (or as I call it mugatee!!)
My only problem with the baby mini is this......Do I really have to give away such a gorgeous ribboned box?
Here's hoping I remain upbeat for longer... well once I find the man of my dreams I'm sure of it....

1 comment:

Eleni Gratsia said...

Hello Paula ... as suggested I've dropped by to see your blog and I'm totally amazed!!!! Wow, I love your latest addition of the circular book ... very inspiring ... I'll definitely be back ...

Congratulations on finishing all of Paula's challenges by the way ... I thoroughly enjoyed your last one!!!